CLASSIFICATION OF MOLOCH (THORNY DEVIL)
PHYLUM :- CHORDATA (Notochord, dorsal tubular nerve cord present and gill slits present)
GROUP :- CRANIATA (Definite head. Cranium with brain present)
SUB-PHYLUM :- VERTEBRATA (vertebral column present)
DIVISION:- GNATHOSTOMATA (Jaws and paired appendages present)
SUPER CLASS :- TETRAPODA (Paired limbs, lungs, bony skeleton and cornified skin)
CLASS :- REPTILIA (Scaly vertebrates with right and left aortic arches. Single condyle, pulmonary respiration. Embryo with amnion and allantois).
SUB CLASS :- DIAPSIDA (Skull with two temporal openings separated by postorbital and squamosal).
ORDER :- SQUAMATA (Lizards and snakes with horny epidermal scales or shields. Quadrate bone movable. Vertebrae procoelous. Anal opening transverse).
SUB ORDER :- SAURIA (Lizards. Body slender, limbs 4. Pterygoid in contact with quadrate. Eyelids
FAMILY :- AGAMIDAE (limbs normal. Teeth differentiated).
Genus :- Draco
Moloch is found in Australia.
HABIT AND HABITAT
Moloch is also adapted for dry condition and it is an ant-eater.
GENERAL CHARACTERSTICS OF DRACO : FLYING LIZARD
- Body divided into head, neck, trunk and tail.
- Skin is rough and highly hygroscopic which absorbs moisture from the atmosphere.
- Body of the animal is elongated and is adorned with heavy armour of scaly spines. There are two horn like spines on head. Spines cover the body on all sides.
- Trunk spines are thicker.
- Tail spines and limb spines are smaller in size.
- Head contains small mouth and nostrils and eyes.
- Eyes well developed with eyelids and rounded pupil.
- Lateral teeth of the upper jaw are implanted horizontally and directed inwards.
- Homodont teeth attached to edges of jaws (acrodont). Tongue is thick and short.
- Limbs are normal, pentadactyl. Forelimbs and hind limbs have claws in digits. Both the limbs contain spines.
- This lizard contains characteristic spines and all above features, hence it is Moloch.
- SCOLIODON DISSECTIONDISSECTION OF SCOLIODON External Features Procedure :- For Scoliodon dissection take a formalin-preserved or freshly-killed Scoliodon, wash in tap-water and examine the external features. Draw ...READ MORE
- EUNICEEUNICE CLASSIFICATION OF EUNICE PHYLUM :- ANNELIDA (Metamerically segmented, coelomate and laterally symmetrical. ) CLASS :- POLYCHAETA (Many setae, clitellum absent. ) ORDER :- ERRANTIA ...READ MORE
- Immunoglobulins (Antibodies) Structure and FunctionsImmunoglobulins (Antibodies) Antibodies, the antigen-binding glycoproteins are synthesized exclusively by B cells and in trillions of forms, each with a different amino acid sequence and a different ...READ MORE
- MYA (MUD CLAM)MYA (MUD CLAM) CLASSIFICATION OF MYA (MUD CLAM) KINGDOM :- ANIMALIA (Multicellular eukaryotic organisms) PHYLUM :- MOLLUSCA (Unsegmented bilaterally symmetrical and provided with visceral ...READ MORE
- PERIPATUS (VELVET WORM)PERIPATUS OR VELVET WORM CLASSIFICATION OF PERIPATUS OR VELVET WORM KINGDOM :- ANIMALIA (Multicellular eukaryotic organisms) PHYLUM :- ARTHROPODA (Jointed appendages.) CLASS :- ONYCHOPHORA ...READ MORE
- SACCULINASACCULINA CLASSIFICATION OF SACCULINA PHYLUM :- ARTHROPODA (Jointed appendages.) CLASS :- CRUSTACEA (Thick exoskeleton, antennae 2 pairs) SUB-CLASS :- CIRRIPEDIA (Sessile adults without compound eyes ...READ MORE
- CHALINACHALINA CLASSIFICATION OF CHALINA PHYLUM :- PORIFERA (Pore bearing, cellular grade, asymmetrical or radially symmetrical.) CLASS :- DEMOSPONGIAE (Skeleton of spongin fibres or siliceous spicules ...READ MORE
- PROTEUS : OLMPROTEUS : OLM CLASSIFICATION OF PROTEUS : OLM PHYLUM :- CHORDATA (Notochord, dorsal tubular nerve cord present and gill slits present ) Group :- CRANIATA ( Definite head. Cranium with brain present ...READ MORE
- TERMITETERMITE CLASSIFICATION OF TERMITE KINGDOM :- ANIMALIA (Multicellular eukaryotic organisms) PHYLUM :- ARTHROPODA (Jointed appendages.) CLASS :- INSECTA (3 pairs of legs.) ORDER :- IOSPTERA (wings are ...READ MORE
- SCOLIODON (DOGFISH)SCOLIODON (DOGFISH) CLASSIFICATION OF SCOLIODON Phylum :- CHORDATA (Notochord and dorsal tubular nerve cord present and gill-slits present). Group :- CRANIATA (Cranium with brain present). ...READ MORE