CLASSIFICATION OF MYSTUS SEENGHALA
Phylum :- CHORDATA ( Notochord and dorsal tubular nerve cord present and gill-slits present).
Group :- CRANIATA ( Cranium with brain present ).
Subphylum :- VERTEBRATA (Vertebral column present ).
Division :- GNATHOSTOMATA ( Jaws and paired appendages present ).
Super class :- PISCES (Paired fins , gills and skin with scales)
Class :- OSTEICHTHYES ( Bony fishes ).
SUB-CLASS :- ACTINOPTYERGII ( Ray finned fish ).
SUPER ORDER :- TELEOISTEI ( Bony fish proper).
Order :- CYPRINIFORMES ( Anterior vertebrae fused. Webrian ossicles present between air bladder and ear).
Family :- CYPRININAE ( Jaws toothless. Teeth in pharynx).
GENUS :- Mysutus
SPECIES :- seenghala
Distributed in India, Myanmar and Pakistsn.
HABIT AND HABITAT
- MYSTUS SEENGHALA is Found in rivers.
GENERAL CHARACTERSTICS OF MYSTUS SEENGHALA
- Commonly called Adriai tenger.
- Mystus seenghala are called as ‘sykes’ due to the presence of barbels.
- Fish measures 15 to 30 cm length and 4 to 5 cm in width.
- Colouration varies according to habitat. Generally brownish colour along the trunk (back) and silvery white along the sides and beneath. Operculum present.
- Body divisible into head, trunk and tail. Head contains mouth, snout, eyes and barbels. Snout spatulate.
- Barbels four pairs namely maxillary barbels, nasal barbels, mandibular barbels and internal mandibular barbels.
- Teeth on the palate in the form of continuous crescent.
- Fins are dorsal, pectoral, ventral, pelvic and caudal.
- First dorsal fin contain week and raised dorsal spine. Second dorsal fin is much smaller adipose fin.
- A rounded black spot present on the base of adipose fin below which is pelvic fin.
MYSTUS SEENGHALA has great food value, fonning common man’s food. The flesh is very delicious.
Mouth does not contain teeth. Teeth are found in pharynx only.
This fish contains 4 pairs of barbels and above features, hence it is Mystus seenghala.
- Book of Practical Zoology VERTEBRATE by S.S.LAL – Rastogi Publications.
- sources of images – https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3ASperata_seenghala.jpg&psig=AOvVaw3YBskbvUiTCMSljmlMlj82&ust=1602909910651000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=2ahUKEwjv6fXvprjsAhXLALcAHfE1DjQQr4kDegUIARDyAQ
This Post Has 2 Comments
Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff previous to and you are
simply extremely magnificent. I really like what you’ve obtained right here, really like what you are saying and the way in which through which you assert. You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you. That is actually a tremendous website
Very usefull, this is something what i needed
Also your theme color is so attractive.