CLASSIFICATION OF PROTODRILUS
PHYLUM :- ANNELIDA (Metamerically segmented, coelomate and laterally symmetrical. )
CLASS :- ARCHINNELIDA (Primitive annelids.)
FAMILY :- PROTODRILIDAE (Long tentacles.)
GENUS :- Protodrilus
It is found in inland sea, lake at Faro near Messina, U.S.A.
HABIT AND HABITAT
Protodrilus is a small marine worm.
GENERAL CHARACTERSTICS OF PROTODRILUS
- Animals live in sand.
- Body is narrow, elongated, cylindrical and thread-like.
- Prostomium of head is small and bears a pair of long tentacles called as prostomial ciliated tentacles.
- Peristomium is large and contains a pair of sensory ciliated pits.
- External segmentation is marked by ciliated rings bearing circlet of cilia.
- Setae, parapodia and gills are absent.
- Protodrilus is hermaphroditic.
- Development is direct.
contains a pair of ciliated tentacles arid all above features, hence it is Protodrilus.